All young people between 15 and 25 years of age are welcome at ROD. It doesn’t matter if you’ve never played folk music before, or if you’ve played your whole life.
You don’t have to know anything — you just need the desire to learn the world of folk music!
The seminar costs 950 DKK (approximately 110£, 130€ or 170$). Take some danish change with you, to be able to buy drinks.
Pricing of drinks and beer at ROD is extremely reasonable, usually varying between 5 and 20 DKK. There is an ATM in Årslev, and it does accept VISA/MasterCard.
Get all the payment information here.
From Friday the 30th of March at 17:00 to Friday the 6th of April at 14:00.
ROD2012 will take place at Broskolen, Overvejen 54, 5792 Årslev, Fyn, Denmark.
Update: ROD2012 has changed the school to Rolfsted Skole at Skolevej 6, 5863 Ferritslev Fyn. Find the school at Google Maps.
The official ROD2012 t-shirt can be added during the registration (or afterwards, by direct contact with the working group) — and is priced at 100 DKK.
ROD ends with a bang of a concert on Thursday, the 5th of April 2012 at 19:00 in Årslev Hallen, Bøgehøjvej 2, 5792 Årslev, Fyn.
Update: the concert has changed place to Rolfsted Skole — the same location ROD is taking place, at the 5th of April 2012 at 19:00.
Everybody is welcome, so invite friends and family for a festive evening of folk music. It costs 50 DKK to experience the concert as a guest — and you are welcome to be stay and take part in the subsequent final party.
What do I get?
- The band and the big-band with teaching and supervision of this years five instructors.
- Many interesting workshops throughout the week.
- Concert with this years surprise-band. Former bands include names such as Valravn, Instinkt, Tako Lako and Mames Babegenush.
- Food and accommodation for 7 days (bring your own sleeping gear). This year the food, because of financial concerns, will not contain any animal products.
- A digital recording of the final ROD-concert, where we perform all the things we learn during the seminar.
- Sheet music, with all of the music we learn during the seminar.
- You will become a part of a great network and family of young folk musicians from all over the world (although, to be fair, mostly from Denmark).
- Opportunity to participate and perform at several folk festivals in Denmark throughout 2012.
Can I come as a guest?
Yeah. You are welcome as a guest — but it costs 275 DKK per day. That includes meals and lodging (bring your own sleeping gear).